Medical Microbiology can be defined as the branch of applied microbiology that deals with the study of the microorganisms which cause infectious diseases. It includes diagnosis, prevention and treatment of infectious diseases. Microorganisms plays a vital role in the field of biotechnology and its industrial applications. Recent research has increased in the field of diagnostic microbiology which is used for the diagnosis of infectious diseases. Medical microbiology also involves the study of beneficial microbes which is helpful in combating infectious diseases and promoting health.
- Track 1-1 Infectious Diseases
- Track 2-2 Dynamics of Infectious Diseases
- Track 3-3 Medical Mycology
- Track 4-4 Microbiology and Parasitology
- Track 5-5 Prevention and Diagnosis of disease